Dr.Ashutosh Singh (MBBS, DNB Psychiatry) is a Consultant Psychiatrist at Apollo Hospitals Indore with rich experience in General Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, De-Addiction Psychiatry, Child & adolescent Psychiatry, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry and Community Psychiatry.
After completing his MBBS from MGM Medical College, Indore, he got trained at India’s top institutes in psychiatry including Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra (erstwhile Agra Mental Hospital), National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore and LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH), Tezpur (Assam).
He practices rational evidence-based medicine and believes in holistic approach in treatment of his patients involving pharmacotherapy, psychotherapy, psycho-education and mobilizing peer support customized to each patient differently. A well-informed and closely monitored treatment in terms of side-effects remains the focus of his pharmacotherapy. He emphasizes on the psychotherapeutic interventions in his patients and also on the psycho-education of both patient and family members. He acknowledges the need for supportive therapy in the spouse and other family members of patient.
He is also available for consultation at weekly Outreach Clinics at Ujjain, Dewas, Khandwa and Khargone. He along with other young psychiatrist and psychologist is actively involved in the spreading the awareness regarding mental health, particularly interested in the field of school mental health, youth mental health and suicide prevention.
For more information visit
M.B.B.S. – M.G.M. Medical College, Indore, M.P.
D.N.B. Psychiatry – Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra (erstwhile Agra Mental Hospital)
- Kumar V, Ambekar N, Singh A, Venkatasubramanian G. Successful treatment of antipsychotic-induced restless legs syndrome with gabapentin. Asian Journal of Psychiatry 2014 Jun , Vol. 9: 89 – 90.
- Kumar S, Sur S, Singh A. Mega cistern magna associated with recurrent catatonia: a case report. Biological Psychiatry 2011; Aug 15;70(4):e19.
- Kumar S, Sur S, Singh A. Catatonia following abrupt stoppage of clozapine. Australia New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 2011 Jun, Vol. 45, No. 6: 499–499.
- Kumar S, Sur S, Singh A, Sisodia A, Jain P. Rabbit syndrome induced by risperidone & escitalopram. British Journal of Psychiatry 2010;2 June [Letter]
PAPERS PRESENTED IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- 8th International Congress of the International Neuropsychiatric Association (Chennai, 16th-18th Sept 2011)-poster presentation on ‘SOCIAL NETWORKING ASSOCIATED WITH DELIBERATE SELF HARM IN MALE PATIENTS WITH SUBSTANCE DEPENDENCE SYNDROME’
PAPERS PRESENTED IN NATIONAL CONFERENCES
- 64th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society (Kochi, 19th-22nd Jan 2012) – poster presentation on ‘COMPARISON OF COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS IN PATIENTS, FIRST DEGREE RELATIVES AND CONTROLS OF BIPOLAR AFFECTIVE DISORDER’
- 34th Annual Conference Central Zone of Indian Psychiatric Society (Agra, 21st-22nd Sept 2012) –oral presentation on Paper titled ‘NEUROLOGICAL SOFT SIGN IN SCHIZOPHRENIA AND BIPOLAR DISORDER: A COMPARATIVE STUDY’
- 65th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society (Bangalore, 10th-13th Jan 2013) – oral presentation on Paper titled ‘SUBTLE NEUROLOGICAL DEFICITS IN PSYCHOTIC DISORDERS’